Casting: Not sure yet may get people to self tape
Shoot: 1 day in studio end of May/ beginning of June London
Fee: £1000 to include shoot and posting on Youtube
Summary – This is for a 90 second Youtube film for Ballantines whisky and we
are looking for an unusual looking person but the number one priority is the
voice( they will need to recite a poem). the director is Thomas Hilland who
is amazing. http://www.partizan.com/commercials/director/thomas-hilland/
A great showreel piece (but it is paid so don’t worry!)
We will look at headshots first but you may need to send a more specific pic
than their actor photo (please send to email@example.com – all will
come clear when you read the brief.
PLEASE SUGGEST BY END OF DAY WED 22ND APRIL for:
HERO / HEROINE: (MALE OR FEMALE. 25 – 55) In this film, our hero recites
the poem – in what turns out to be a bar on one of Saturns moons – while
his/her drink of Ballantines is being poured and served. It ends with our
hero toasting his/her drinking companion – which is his/hers clone. The film
will be very atmospheric and moody – played straight and serious, no comedy
or cartoon-version of space. Think Blade Runner. Appearance: Mixed Race,
* We would like to see both men and women for the part.
* Must have ability to act, and recite a poem in a captivating yet
naturalistic way. THE VOICE IS A PRIORITY: UNUSUAL, ENUNCIATED, POWERFUL AND
* Age: we’re fairly open – probably early 30s. But really they could be
anywhere from 25-55. AS LONG AS THEIR VOICE HAS THE GRAVITAS AND AUTHORITY
WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
* The unspecified role of the person in the film is a space traveller or
space colonist. The character of the person is important – as he/she need to
be able to carry the film almost alone. A SERIOUS PERSON WITH PRESENCE IS
NEEDED – although the look can also at the same time be young or innocent.
This all comes down to the person, how the combination of the recital and
look works together.
* An unconventional look that feels futuristic somehow, perhaps androgynous,
mutant. This is all open to interpretation though – A STRIKING/INTERESTING
LOOK IS THE MAIN BRIEF.
* Ethnicity: White(-ish) or mixed-race.
* Can be any nationality. A strong accent is fine, although English needs to
be fluent enough for the delivery of the poem.
* Fit without being bulky muscular.
* Can NOT be a well-known face, or a person that has appeared in many TV